The Friends of Franklin Foundation Board members are thrilled to fund the following activities this year, based on grant applications submitted by Franklin teachers:
- Shapes and colors activity carpets where kids gather and grasp new lessons.
- Magnetic write and wipe charts for guided learning and reduced paper use.
- “Explorations in Art” to help develop and express those creative abilities.
- Some do learn best by standing so….a stand up classroom desk.
- A United Nations Sustainable Development Goals-inspired STEAM unit to study world issues and support tomorrow’s global citizens.
- Books for a social justice library with peace-building literature.
- Funds to purchase props, sets, costumes and other drama production needs
- Hands-on activity centers, including
- “Magnetic Mosaics” to develop and improve fine motor skills.
- A “Geoboard Design Center” and Geostix for building all kinds of shapes, for all kinds of kids!
- “Blocks and Blueprints” to help budding little architects to learn about angles and spatial relationships.
- “Math in Minutes” for building problem-solving skills.
- Family Engagement STEM packs to let those engineering talents soar.
…Plus books, easels, educational subscriptions and seminars, writing supplies, as well as storage bins and other tools to help busy teachers and students both thrive and stay organized.
This year we were able to fund all submitted applications, and we hope through the generosity of our community we can do that again next year!
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUPPORTERS!